Responsible for constructing a large mixed-use tower within a mega project in Downtown Los Angeles. Provide overall leadership, supervision and technical management for all construction site operations, including direct supervision of the superintendent team, subcontractors (trades), and other construction related personnel. Direct them in the planning, coordination, and execution of work in a safe manner, on schedule, and within budget.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Assist Preconstruction and Project Management to develop an initial project schedule and communicate sequence and schedule updates to all subcontractors and vendors.
- Develop, maintain, and enforce a project site logistics plan and temporary facilities plan.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and enforce a project site specific safety program in accordance with Policies and Processes, local, state, and federal laws to include all subcontractors.
- Actively participate and/or lead post-bid, buyout, Owner/Architect/Contractor, coordination, lead team, subcontractor, staff, scheduling, and post-mortem meetings.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and enforce a project specific quality assurance and workmanship program to include all subcontractors.
- Management of an OSHA site visits.
- Participate with the Project Manager in issuance of monthly progress report, monthly payment applications, anticipated cost report, and other financial cost reports.
- In coordination with the Project Manager develop general conditions budget, and through labor cost reporting manage and control the budget.
- Perform and monitor all jobsite control reporting measures including daily reports, petty cash report, payroll, quantity reporting, accident and incident reports, and timesheets.
- Working knowledge of all project plans, specifications, contract with Owner, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, submittals, and all other project related documents, and maintain a complete and accurate set of as-builts.
- Review and provide feedback on all purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Perform a qualitative review of all contract documents for potential conflicts or interpretation issues to mitigate risk.
- Ensure timely project completion through project scheduling, expediting of material deliveries and the management of material and document submittals/approvals.
- Responsible for layout and field engineering in accordance with all project requirements.
- Ensure that all requirements of insurance, safety, labor relations, and Equal Employment Opportunity are met.
- Understand all trade contractor’s means and methods in accordance with project contract documents.
- Coordinate daily construction activities within existing operating facilities.
- Proactively identify and solve problems to minimize risk.
- Review, approve, and code subcontractor and vendor payment applications and miscellaneous invoices.
- Develop and execute a plan for monitoring the completion of punch list items and coordinate all required field inspections.
- Understand local labor requirements, availability and capability for self perform work.
- Provide technical assistance to all members of project team.
- In the absence of other Superintendents being assigned to the project, the Sr. Superintendent assumes all duties and responsibilities of the Superintendent I and II.
- Support and implement the company’s Project Success Planning processes.
- Must be familiar with all Policies and Processes as it relates to this position.
- Actively leads internal team(s) that focus on continuous improvement of the business.
- Develop and mentor subordinates towards a successful career with the company.
- Promote the growth and development of client, subcontractor and vendor relationships.
- Identify new work opportunities and inform Sales and Marketing of potential projects with current clients.
- Strong leader, able to positively motivate a team and drive work.
- Experienced leading large/complex commercial projects (over $100 million in construction value), performed under an “at risk” contract.
- Experienced on ground-up high-rise / vertical projects (structural concrete and interiors). Project experience preferably including residential (condo) and hotel.
- Demonstrated mastery in the areas of Field Management: including safety, field supervision, sub-contractor management labor relations, managing site activity (logistics), managing and enforcing schedule, performing look a heads, and quality control.
- Share in the company’s unwavering commitment to being Incident and Injury Free.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Excel spreadsheet application, Primavera scheduling software, and other computer desktop and web based construction software applications.