The Senior Estimator is responsible for all aspects of estimating the most complex and large-scale jobs, including pre-construction, hard bids, negotiated bids, budgets, general conditions, systems studies and comparisons, value engineering, subcontractor relations and staying abreast of industry developments applicable to estimating.
If you are an innovative collaborator and proven performer who enjoys working on teams that deliver superior results, you may qualify for a rewarding career at Client, a construction management firm that is sparking an industry revolution and has consistently been named a “best place to work”!
- Leadership and Relationship Building.
- Ensure that the estimating process runs smoothly and efficiently and client expectations are exceeded throughout the duration of the project(s).
- Build relationships to understand client, designer and subcontractor needs and expectations.
- Effectively facilitates collaboration amongst team members.
- Effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
- Manage Assistant Estimators.
- Participate in business development activities, presentations and interviews.
- Lead the Estimating team including Assistant Estimators, MEP Estimators and Career Start team members on projects.
- Develop others and act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Prepare an in-house budget and GMP.
- Prepare quantity take-offs and apply unit pricing for material and labor to establish a value for the work.
- Understand the full scope of the project through document review and asking questions of the design team and owner.
- Prepare value engineering and risk analysis.
- Prepare qualifications and assumptions for the estimate.
- Prepare cost comparisons/reconcile with previous estimates.
- Reconcile with outside Estimators.
- Lead constructability reviews.
- Manage Subcontractor solicitation & selection process.
- Prepare Exhibit B, and/or scope sheets.
- Ensure quality control of departments bids and estimates.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Estimating, or equivalent
- Computer skills.
- Working knowledge of Excel spread sheets, and Word processing programs.
- Experience with estimating software such as Timberline, OST, MC2.
- Understanding of the influence of market conditions on pricing.
- Actively participate as a team member.
- Work effectively with all colleagues and constituents.
- Candidate must possess Client’s Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Hard Work, Professionalism and Caring.
- Detail oriented.
- Time management skills.
- Sense of urgency and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Take ownership of projects/clients managing both up and down.
- Able to work with minimal direction.
- Problem solving skills.
- Able to work with speed and efficiency.
- Able to anticipate issues, reactions, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stands; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Job site walking.
Client provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, gender identity, age or any other status protected by law. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Suffolk will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination toward, or harassment of, applicants or employees by anyone at Client, or anyone working on behalf ofClient.