The Project Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating all necessary project resources and documentation throughout the entire project lifecycle. This includes the maintenance of budget and schedule, and the management and administration of all contractual requirements, agreements with trade partners, purchase orders, meeting minutes and shop drawing logs. This individual also manages risk, insurances, general work performance and quality, and overall team progress against the project plan through consistent communication and collaboration with the owner and project team members.
If you are an innovative collaborator and proven performer who enjoys working on teams that deliver superior results, you may qualify for a rewarding career at Client, a construction management firm that is sparking an industry revolution and has consistently been named a “best place to work”!
- Lead and Communicate with Client Field Supervision, Subcontractors and Vendors to assist them in working to the Project Schedule.
- Represent Client with Owner(s), Architects, Consultants, Government Authorities, Vendors and Subcontractors.
- Administer financial aspects of the Owner’s contract, subcontracts, and purchase orders.
- Build effective working relationships with clients and the Client project team members.
- Project Start-Up
- Review the general contract and contract documents and confirm the budget setup and project milestones.
- Create a schedule of values and project logs, plan for project safety and mobilization, including review and validation with team members.
- Purchasing process and document control
- Maintain the buy schedule, write scopes of work, distribute and log subcontracts, write required contract riders and purchase orders, and confirm compliance with project insurance requirements.
- Review subcontractor references, obtain Subcontractor bonds, and maintain project files.
- Maintain and manage all purchase and delivery schedules, change order processes, shop drawings, document control logs, Owner, Architect and Subcontractor correspondence.
- Work with Purchasing in setting up/executing trade buyout including: defining scope of work, authoring Exhibit B’s, ensuring scope coverage, coordinating buy and project schedules.
- Meeting Management
- Attend all schedule and management meetings necessary to monitor and manage the project, chairing as appropriate.
- Financial Management
- Manage all requisitions and payments including lien releases and project payroll and maintains best possible cash flow throughout the project, communicating issues proactively.
- Project Closeout
- Deliver all necessary manuals to the Owner, consolidates project documentation and files.
- Manage subcontractor closeout, transfer of utilities, owner training, and punch list process.
- Deliver all warranties, as-builts and training to the owner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or applicable discipline and experience relative to project size/scope.
- Each project has specific characteristics regarding size, complexity, sector etc, which dictate the precise years of experience and industry knowledge necessary for success, above and beyond general construction knowledge and experience.
- Candidate must possess Client’s Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Hard Work, Professionalism and Caring.
- Excellent business judgment demonstrated by consistently achieving profitability objectives and strong project close-outs with client and subcontractor relationships in good standing.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail evidenced by a strong command of all applicable contract and legal provisions
- Ability to consistently analyze and execute financial trade-offs whi.ch frequently involve dealing with incomplete data and ambiguity.
- Ability to constantly multi-task and handle competing priorities between Client business needs, organizational issues, and sound customer relations.
- Possess judgment to know when to appropriately escalate issues up the chain of command.
- A strong sense of urgency and initiative. Able to quickly study and react to complex issues.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to confidently and decisively take action.
- Team leader with excellent diplomatic and communication skills, able to handle and resolve conflicts effectively in a firm but fair manner.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stands; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Job site walking.
Client provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, gender identity, age or any other status protected by law. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Client will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination toward, or harassment of, applicants or employees by anyone at Client, or anyone working on behalf of Client.