Position Description: Leads, directs and coordinates the day-to-day management of commercial construction project(s).
Reports to: Project Executive
Essential Duties &
Responsibilities*: · Lead in the development of high performance teams through supervision, training, coaching, and mentoring. Ensure regular feedback is shared with staff including timely completion of
employee performance appraisals.
- Manage and develop assigned staff toward maximum job performance and career
- Develop and improve upon assigned client relationships fostering a “trusted advisor” status
- Understand and administer Turner’s contract and subcontract
- Provides leadership to positively influence change.
- Promote Turner’s involvement in the community to help build strategic relationships and to embrace the community in which we live and
- Foster and enhance architect, subcontractor and vendor
- Establish, update, and communicate Master Project Schedule and manage its
- May work with preconstruction team in development of
- Manage budget and financial reporting, interpret and analyze reports to insure adherence to project
- Manage the quality assurance/quality control
- Provide leadership in risk evaluation, contract negotiations, fee and pricing
- Understands, complies and advises others on Turner’s business ethics, and compliance programs.
- Demonstrate high standard of persona; accountability and Mentors staff to same high standards
- Manage and oversee field operation and engineering processes and
- Drive competencies to team on requirements for insurance, labor relations, and employee relations.
- Drive enforcement of safety protocols by the project
- Work with Finance to initiate pay application process and follow up to ensure payment is received in a timely
- Keep management informed on progress of project and budget through regularly scheduled Operation Review
- Support and drive utilization of various Turner initiatives. Promote and utilize emerging technologies and innovations to support Turner sustainable competitive
- Provide leadership to foster an environment of diversity and
*May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Project Manager with a large general contractor in the commercial construction industry
- Experience as a PM on one or more of the following project types: OSHPD/Healthcare, Commercial, High- Rise Hospitality/30+ stories
- Experience as a PM with project volumes of $25M+
Additional Qualifications include: Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of ten years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience on large commercial construction projects. Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing and engineering principles and techniques, as well as accounting principles. Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.