The Project Director is the primary project lead from pursuit through closeout. This position usually oversees 2 to 5 projects simultaneously across the region or business unit. Ultimately, the Project Director is responsible for the overall direction, management and financial outcome of their projects.
• Will manage multiple job-site staff members remotely, ensuring proper oversight and development of multiple levels of staff.
• Serve as a liaison between the office and field, while coordinating staffing and movement of field personnel
• Review and approve project team on-site setup, including facilities layout, selection of forming systems and equipment
• Monitor receipt of subcontractor bonds and periodically review status of subcontractor management, change order processing and shop drawings
• Maintain a thorough understanding of the Client/Owner contract and oversee the entire field operation to achieve contract compliance
• Assist the project staff in the development of the construction schedule.
• Monitor schedule performance
• Responsible for P&L on each project. Become thoroughly knowledgeable of projected costs, contingent liabilities and contingent savings/increased profits
• Establish/maintain a good relationship with owner, design team and Subcontractors
• Oversee quality management program to achieve contract compliance and a quality project
• Independently review schedule, looking for ways to expedite construction and predict problems
• Champion job site safety effort, motivating the on-site team in the implementation of Client safety guidelines
• Recommend self-improvement programs that may assist employees in their professional and personal development
• Recommend self-improvement programs that may assist employees in their professional and personal development.
• Maximize Client’s visibility in surrounding community.
• Identify potential clients and take necessary action to achieve additional sales.
• Assist the Marketing Department in the preparation of presentations and interviews; participate in interviews.
• Implement all applicable Safety Programs and EEO/Affirmative Action Programs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering required
• Direct experience leading multiple construction projects in excess of 50M.
• 15+ years of progressive experience in construction management for a large scale general contractor.
• Self-perform experience is strongly desired.
• In-depth knowledge of intricate commercial construction principles/practices required.
• Experience leading multiple successful project teams, including development of direct reports and maintaining relationships with external entities.
• Advanced knowledge of construction principles/practices required
• Experienced dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work
• Experience leading successful project teams, including development of employee and maintaining relationships with external entities
Client is the oldest privately held national construction company in the country. They are a 100% employee-owned top 10 ENR company with the goal of being the best builder in America. Unlike many firms of their size, they are true builders; a fact which their clients appreciate since they continually come to them with their most complex building challenges. They provide general contracting, construction management, design-build and self-perform service nationwide. The Client has full-service offices in Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Phoenix, Las Vegas, St. Louis, San Diego, Newport Beach, San Francisco and Sacramento and has built in nearly every state with projects ranging in size from $1 million to $1 billion.
Client is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.